Listed below is a collection of articles about migrant workers published throughout this past month.
The list is meant as a resource and the views expressed in the articles do not necessarily reflect those of NMWIG or its members.
- Weiler, Anelyse and Amy Cohen. "Migrant Farm Workers Vulnerable to Sexual Violence". National Post, 1 May 2018.
- Hayes, Kelly. "Okanagan Farmers Facing Shortage of Mexican Workers". Global News, 2 May 2018.
- Lee, Min Sook. "'Canada the Good' Myth Exposed: Migrant Workers Resist Debt-Bondage". National Post, 3 May 2018.
- "Arrests in Leamington-area for Possible Immigration Violations". CBC News, 3 May 2018.
- "Activist Group on Alert After Migrant Arrests Near Leamington". CTV News, 3 May 2018.
- "Legal Assistance Windsor Offers Help to Those Arrested for Possible Immigration Violations". CBC News, 6 May 2018.
- Seymour, Ron. "BCFGA Warns Growers About Radical Labour Activists". The Daily Courier, 13 May 2018.
- Radical Action with Migrants in Agriculture. "RAMA Responds to the B.C. Fruit Grower's Association". RAMA Okanagan, 16 May 2018.
- The Canadian Press. "3 Ontario Residents Charged with Allegedly Exploiting, Traficking Migrant Workers". Global News, 16 May 2018.
- Migdal, Alex. "B.C. Fruit Growers Warned About 'Radical Labour Activists'". CBC News, 17 May 2018.
- Canadian Council for Refugees. "New Report Cards Highlight Gaps in Protections for Migrant Workers Across Canada". Wire Service, 23 May 2018.
- Ross, Lois. "The Plight of Farm Workers in Canada". Rabble, 23 May 2018.
- Keung, Nicholas. "Migrant Workers Sue Recruiter, Employer in Small Claims Court". Toronto Star, 28 May 2018.
- The Canadian Press. "Concerns Raised Over Fees to Migrant Workers". Northumberland News, 28 May 2018.