Listed below is a collection of articles about migrant workers published throughout this past month.
The list is meant as a resource and the views expressed in the articles do not necessarily reflect those of NMWIG or its members.
- Balca, Dario and Megan Devlin. "Tracking Technology Causing Anxiety, Fear Among Foreign Workers: Advocates". CTV Vancouver, 3 July 2017.
- Caton, Mary. "Leamington Business Owners Ask Council to Curb Uptown Loitering". Windsor Star, 20 July 2017.
- Ennett, Gary. "London Filmmaker Documents the Life and Death of a Migrant Worker in Southwestern Ontario".CBC News, 19 July 2017.
- Harris, Tamar. "A 'Countries Tournament': Brotherhood Created on the Baseball Field During Mex-Can Games".Windsor Star, 23 July 2017.
- "International Baseball Game Helping Connect Leamington Community with Migrant Workers". CBC News, 23 July 2017.
- Johansen, Nicholas. "Big Brother on the Farm".Castanet.net, 4 July 2017.
- Kannon, Steve. "Seasonal Workers Already Heading Back to Ontario Farms". The Observer, 6 July 2017.
- Kheiriddin, Tasha. "Migrant Workers Receives Contract in French What Can We Do to Prevent Migrant Worker Abuse?" The Tasha Kheiriddin Show, 31 July 2017. [audio]
- Lowrie, Morgan. "Workers, Advocates Call for Changes to Temporary Foreign Worker Program". Toronto Star, 30 July 2017.
- Lupton, Andrew. "'Tremendous Injustice' as Migrant Workers Sent Back to Jamaica". CBC News, 27 July 2017.
- Mayer, Tiffany. "Hands That Feed Us: Eric Regis". St. Catharines Standard, 25 July 2017.
- "Temporary Foreign Workers Hold Protest in Montreal".Canadian Press, 23 July 2017.
If you have any questions, or for more information please contact us today!