Listed below is a collection of articles about migrant workers published throughout this past month.
The list is meant as a resource and the views expressed in the articles do not necessarily reflect those of NMWIG or its members.
- McKeen, Alex. "Migrant Workers' Group Slams NDP's Singh for Online Posts on a Farm Visit". Toronto Star, 8 December 2017.
- O'Reily, Nicole. "After 25 Years, Migrant Worker's Hope to Keep Working in Hamilton-Area Fades After Losing Legs". The Hamilton Spectator, 8 December 2017.
- Mooney, Harrison. "Delta Farm Incident: 42 Hospitalized Due to Carbon Monoxide Exposure at Delta Farm". Vancouver Sun, 9 December 2017.
- Canadian Press. "Poor Ventilation at B.C. Greenhouse Blamed for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning". CTV News, 10 December 2017.
- Balca, Dario. "Carbon Monoxide at Delta Farm Highlights Importance of Safety Training: Union". CTV News Vancouver, 11 December 2017.
- Employment and Social Development Canada. "Government of Canada Offers Support to Vulnerable Migrant Workers in Canada". Government of Canada, 11 December 2017.
- Douglas, Emily. "Government Offers Support to Vulnerable Migrant Workers in Canada". HRD Canada, 12 December 2017.
- Canadian Council of Refugees. "International Migrants Day: Calling for access to permanent residence and family unity". Wire Service, 18 December 2017.
- Bernard, Renee. "New Protections Coming for Foreign Agricultural Workers in Canada". News 1130, 22 December 2017.
- Weiler, Anelyse, Janet McLaughlin, Donald Cole. "Helping Migrant Workers Must Be Part of New Food Policy". The Toronto Star, 22 December 2017.
- Mayer, Tiffany. "Hands That Feed Us: Thanking a Farm Worker".St. Catharines Standard, 26 December 2017.
- Loiselle, Adelle."Help Needed for Leamington Families Displaced by Fire". BlackburnNews.com, 27 December 2017.
If you have any questions, or for more information please contact us today!