Listed below is a collection of articles about migrant workers published throughout this past month.
The list is meant as a resource and the views expressed in the articles do not necessarily reflect those of NMWIG or its members.
- Henry, Jennifer. "Your Letters: Let's Remember Migrant Workers This Thanksgiving". Toronto Star, 5 October 2017.
- IAVGO Community Legal Clinic and Justicia for Migrant Workers. "Landmark Decision Rules WSIB Practice that Limits Compensation for Injured Migrant Workers Breaches the Law". GlobeNewswire, 5 October 2017.
- Keung, Nicholas. "He's Worked Legally in Canada for 37 Years But the Government Considers Him 'Temporary'". Toronto Star, 5 October 2017.
- Mojtehedzadeh, Sara. "Tribunal Slams WSIB Practice That Cuts Benefits to Injured Migrant Workers". Toronto Star, 5 October 2017.
- Almazora, Leo. "WSIB Slashing Injured Migrant Workers' Benefits Illegal, Says Tribunal". Life Health Professional, 6 October 2017.
- "Farm Work Justice". Jamaica Observer, 6 October 2017.
- Montrope, Darrel. "St. Lucian Females Invited to Apply for Canadian Farm Worker Programme". St. Lucia News Online, 6 October 2017.
- Wells, Jennifer. "Why Canada's Farm Industry is Ripe for Change: Wells". Toronto Star, 6 October 2017.
- "WSIB Practice that Limited Compensation for Injured Jamaican Migrant Worker Breaches the Law". Pride News, 6 October 2017.
- Mojtehedzadeh, Sara. "This Sexually Abused Migrant Worker is Now Safe -- But She Knows Others Aren't".Toronto Star, 7 October 2017.
- Rankin, Jim. "Unscrupulous Recruiters Keep Migrant Workers in 'Debt Bondage'". Toronto Star, 8 October 2017.
- Mojtehedzadeh, Sara, Nicholas Keung, and Jim Rankin. "Leamington is at the Frontlines of the Boom in Migrant Workers. Here's How it's Changed". Toronto Star, 9 October 2017.
- Sorio, Connie and Tess Augustin. "Foreign Workers Should be Eligible to Apply for Permanent Residence Prior to or Upon Arrival to Canada". Rabble.ca, 9 October 2017.
- Star Editorial Board. "Migrant Farm Workers Deserve to be Treated Decently: Editorial". Toronto Star, 10 October 2017.
- Di Caro, Michael. "Field of Dreams: A Story of Foreign Workers in Ontario's Vineyards". Foodism Toronto, 11 October 2017.
- Macleod, Andrew. "NDP MLA Heads South to Show Solidarity with Farm Workers". The Tyee, 11 October 2017.
- Tribe, Jeff. "Lawrence Workers with Menich Family for 43 Years". Norfolk News, 11 October 2017.
- "Your Letters: Migrant Workers Must be Protected".Toronto Star, 13 October 2017.
- Keung, Nicholas. "Ottawa Urged to Help Farm Workers from Hurricane-Ravaged Dominica". Toronto Star, 14 October 2017.
- Mayer, Tiffany. "Hands That Feed Us: Kashima Woodham". St. Catharines Standard, 17 October 2017.
- "Editorial: Let the Migrant Workers From the Caribbean Stay". The Catholic Register, 20 October 2017.
- Waters, Alistair. "West Kelowna Acting on Squalid Farm Worker Conditions". BC Local News, 28 October 2017.
- Keung, Nicholas. "Canadian Mushroom Growers Push for Permanent Residency for Migrant Workers". Toronto Star, 30 October 2017.
If you have any questions, or for more information please contact us today!