Listed below is a collection of articles about migrant workers published throughout this past month.
The list is meant as a resource and the views expressed in the articles do not necessarily reflect those of NMWIG or its members.
- Bunn, Robyn. "Farmworkers Deserve More Respect, Dignity". The Daily Courier, 4 September 2017.
- Lakritz, Naomi. "Keeping Workers Safe Won't Hurt Alberta Farmers". Calgary Herald, 6 September 2017.
- Ontario Public Service Employees Union. "Rally Against Racism Towards Migrant Workers". Newswire, 8 September 2017.
- Tribe, Jeff. "'No Offshore Labour, No Fresh Produce': Procyk". Norfolk News, 8 September 2017.
- "Loitering Bylaw Discussion Raises Racism Concerns".CTV Windsor, 10 September 2017.
- CBC News Windsor. "Protesters Rally After Talk of an Anti-Loitering Bylaw in Downtown Leamington." CBC News, 11 September 2017.
- Lozanski, Kristin. "Inside the Conditions Migrant Workers Face in Niagara-on-the-Lake." This Magazine, 13 September 2017.
- Speaking Fruit. "Migrant Farmworkers Speak Fruit with Release of Mobile Fruit Stand." Newswire, 14 September 2017.
- Zettel, Mike. "Christ Church Opens Doors to Migrant Farmworkers." Niagara This Week, 18 September 2017.
- Ascah, Quinton. "Grape and Wine Festivities Coincide With Migrant Justice Event." Brock Press, 19 September 2017.
- Benner, Allan. "Mexican Migrant Workers Rattled by Earthquake." St. Catharines Standard, 21 September 2017.
- Bueckert, Kate. "Migrant Worker Art Installation Shows Fruit of Their Labour". CBC News, 29 September 2017.
- Harris, Tamar. "Migrant Workers Use Art to Protest for Rights, Recognition, Permanent Status". Toronto Star, 29 September 2017.
If you have any questions, or for more information please contact us today!